Dance with Pride: Update #3
Dear contingent members,
Thank you for registering with Dance with Pride to dance at this year's SF Pride Parade on June 30. We are excited to work with you to make this year's parade the best possible experience for all dancers, volunteers, and parade-goers.
Here's the latest news:
1. We've been given our line-up number! This year we are #144 in the parade line-up. This means we will line up on Block M, which is located on Main Street between Market and Mission.
2. Your call time is 12:30 pm sharp. Make sure you are there on time! Remember to sign in by our pick-up truck when you arrive, and be ready for a final rehearsal at 12:45 pm. Volunteers will meet with Leigh while the dancers are rehearsing. The parade organizers say we should be ready to step onto the parade route by 1 pm, but judging from past experience that could end up looking more like 2:00 or even 2:30 pm. Once we step off, it should take us less than an hour to complete the whole route.
3. There are only two Rehearsal #1 options left!
Wednesday 6/19 from 6:00-8:00pm @ Berkeley Ballet Theater (1370 Tenth Street , Berkeley)
Thursday 6/20 from 7:15-9:15pm @ LINES Dance Center (26 Seventh Street, SF)
Registrants will NOT be allowed to join our contingent on parade day if they have not met the two-rehearsal minimum, so please plan accordingly.
Upcoming Rehearsal #2 options are listed here. At these rehearsals, we will practice traveling with the choreography and hand out this year's t-shirts. Feel free to embellish them however you like!
4. Registration ends this Friday. If you know someone who is on the fence about joining us, please encourage them to watch our Dance with Pride 2019 video and to attend one of our FREE rehearsals before it's to late. Register now
5. We still need a few more volunteers. Do you have a partner, friend, or family member who wants to support you but isn't up for dancing? Handing out water, helping to carry our banner, and passing out stickers are all great ways to be a part of the experience! Register now
Questions? Check out our Pride Parade FAQs. If you have additional questions, feel free to email us or call 415-549-8525.
The Dance with Pride organizers and partners